Monday, June 5, 2017

Ocean Falls

First a note about prawns. There was reason we did not get any prawns in Codville Lagoon -- even though there were lots of prawns in there. Jim did not set our pots near the commercial pots -- the commercial fishermen lay big long strings of pots and you don't want to get tangled up in their gear.

The reason the other two boats got lots of prawns is because they put their puts very near ( and on top ) of the commercial gear - and they needed to call the prawn fisherman and get help with untangling their gear. So - although we didn't get prawns we also didn't get tangled!

A downloaded a few photos from the camera from Ocean Falls. I thought I'd post them today.












A few photos from the Ocean Falls Marina during a brief interlude in the rain.



The coast Guard ship - Captain Godard came and anchored up for a night.








I didn't get out much in Ocean Falls. It was raining the entire time we were there. And cold - it was 7-8 degrees Celsius.

I discovered that in the cold and the wet this year my foot -- my mankle - as my sister calls it - has really felt the cold. It's almost as if the actual metal bits in my foot are colder on the inside of my foot. It was strange. I could feel the screws and plate in my foot freezing inside. And then my foot would get stiff and painful. So I didn't really walk anyway this year in Ocean Falls. Hopefully the weather warms up soon.

We are now in Klemtu. We will have 3G until tomorrow morning and then we will be without any cell service until we get to Haida Gwaii - Queen Charlotte City and Sandspit area.






Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Ocean Falls is the ghost town isn't it.........so so pretty.......appreciated the maps in the next pic and I worked out where in the world to find you...........loving my trip.......thanks

    ReplyDelete